The historical village of Blackrock developed as a seaside resort in the 18th Century. The name Blackrock is derived from an outcrop of limestone that occurs on the strand near the Blackrock Baths. The stone turns black when wet, hence the name ‘Blackrock‘.
Today, dart links, right on the sea, and excellent schools and shopping in the area, it is a very popular family residential area.
The anchor store in Blackrock is an expansive Super Valu, with a store that offers some of the best in Irish produce as well as gourmet overseas store. With a hardware store, coffee shops, dry cleaners, clothes stores, it really is a park and shop facility.
Eating and Drinking
Blackrock has some fantastic and well known restuarants in the area. From coffee shops such as The Wooden Spoon and The Vanilla Pod Eatery and The Bear Market to name but a few – you are spoilt for choice.
There are some well known established pubs, such as O’Rourkes, Conways, The Breffni Inn, and The Wicked Wolf.
Blackrock is well serviced by its local dart station, and is well served by several buses.
- Benincasa, Mount Merrion Avenue
- Carysfort National School, Convent Road
- Guardian Angels, Newtownpark Avenue
- Willow Park, Rock Road (Roman Catholic)
- St. Augustine’s, Obelisk Park (Roman Catholic)
- All Saints, Carysfort Avenue (Church of Ireland)
- Booterstown National School, Cross Avenue (Church of Ireland)
Local Secondary Schools include
- Blackrock College, Rock Road (Roman Catholic)
- Rockford Manor
- Dominican College Sion Hill, Cross Avenue (Roman Catholic)
- Newpark Comprehensive School, Newtownpark Avenue (Church of Ireland)
- St. Andrew’s College, Booterstown Avenue (Inter-Denominational)
Childrens’ Activities include: Bounce Gymanistics, and Granada Soccer Club.
About Des Lalor Auctioneers
Based in South County Dublin, with professional and extremely high levels of good sound honest advice, our success speaks for itself.
Professional & Expert
We are experts in selling all types and sizes of properties, but have a particular expertise in selling larger houses.
At Des Lalor Auctioneers, our personal brand of hands on personalised service and local market knowledge, gives us a distinct advantage to get your house SOLD.